Friday, March 13, 2015

Fasted Resistance

“The so-called “Wolverine Diet”, named after Hugh Jackman’s on-screen X-Men character, is just a general prescription for fasted resistance training. Because I wanted some structure to the routine, I adapted the protocol of “Lean Gains,” which developed a moderately size fan base for its thorough instructions.


There are four big elements of the strategy:


1) Intermittent fasting: 18 hours of fasting and 6 hours eating at night.


2) Olympic lifting every other day, followed by a low-fat, carb- and protein-heavy binge


3) On rest days, I eat a high-fat, low-carb diet


4) My training is heavy resistance training of low-rep work to failure (meaning I can’t physically do the last rep). I chose mainly Crossfit-style resistance workouts, with Olympic barbells and weighted calisthenics.”


The Wolverine Diet


No comments: